Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Month in Mexico - A Weekend in Ajijic

Our Living Room
David took all the photos in this article.

David sat in the living room this morning reading while I hung up the laundry.  I think I had the better end of the deal as I got to stand in the garden and watch the hummingbirds attack the feeder.

Path to the Laundry Lines
Although we fill the feeders almost daily, the hummers have voracious appetites.  Then, too, we inadvertently fed bats the night before last.  They seem to like the sugar water as much as the birds.

Even though it is difficult to force ourselves to leave this Garden of Eden,  we want to explore every inch of the village and last night seemed like a perfect time to visit what used to be my favorite restaurant, La Nueva Posada.  We drove through town, hopping on a Saturday night, and were surprised to find a parking spot near the restaurant.

David was suitably impressed with the staircase that leads from the lobby of the restaurant to the B&B rooms.



But I think he liked the garden dining area even more.

My old favorite, a chicken dish knapped with a lemon sauce, was not on the menu any more but the beef tenderloin did not disappoint.  We lingered over dinner until it was time to return to the hummingbirds, the bats, and the butterflies.  






No comments:

Post a Comment