Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Happy 535th Birthday!

Today is Mona Lisa's birthday and Florence is celebrating!

Via Squazza, the street where Mona Lisa was born.


Since she was born on the street next to my medieval apartment building and the restaurant where Christopher Columbus planned his travels (Honest, I couldn't make this up.), my little piazza down the street is getting ready for a party.
Piazza Passera celebrating Mona's b'day. I think the emaciated looking man must be here for Fashion Week.
Or maybe they already had the celebration. It's hard to tell since I didn't get home til after 8:00. Still, if I've learned anything about Florentines in the short times I've been here, it is that the partying will probably go on long into the night. And the next day. And the next.
I wish Mona weren't quite so popular. This is close as I ever got to seeing her in the Louvre in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment